Thursday, June 19, 2008

Roses and Dill


I planted the dill around the rose because I thought they would look pretty together. Those are some daisies there in the center I started from seed this spring. They have been growing wonderfully. I can't wait to see them bloom next year.


We had a lot of zucchini to pick today. No surprise there, huh? I have 5 trays of sliced zucchini in the dehydrator right now to put aside for the winter. I watered the corn and the cantaloupe. I mulched one of the beds of corn while trying to avoid the giant wolf spider living in my pile of straw. *shudder* And I got a bed of black eyed peas planted and watered today. I am trying to keep up a steady pace of planting year round and putting up what I can. Tonight from the garden we are going to have glazed baby turnips and sorrel and amaranth greens with our dinner.

No comments: